Tuesday 18 August 2009

Things Progressing

I have got the majority of the first batch of articles back and they seem pretty good value. Just going through the process of creating and uploading the blogs. Right now I am taking a little time to experiment with different plugins and services as once I get into the swing of things I don't want any down time.

I have laid out a plan that involves creating 360 blogs in 3 months, with each blog having 500-1,000 one way links pointing at them, and also getting backlinks to the pages linking to my blogs.

It's a tall order and will cost a fair bit in outsourcing fees, but I feel this is a safe investment. On this scale of optimisation the 'per blog price' reduces greatly. I am estimating that each blog will cost $60 to do all of the following:
  • WordPress installed
  • Domain name registered
  • Unique content written and uploaded
  • 500-1,000 one way links generated from a mix of authority, directory & blog sites
I am sure if I listed for sale a fully loaded blog with addons installed, content uploaded & google rankings generating traffic, then someone will be willing to pay more than $60 for it. So if I fail to generate sales at least I have this to fall back on. I dare say I might be able to sell the whole network in one go for a reasonable profit.

I know some people will be scratching their heads at the $60 and thinking it's very cheap (it is, I have spent a lot of time working out this process), but it does not include mine, or my (possible) business partners time working 10 hours a day for 3 months to make it happen.

I say "possible" as we are still working out some details, but I will know for sure in 2 weeks if we will be working together again (he is co-director of company I am closing down).

My hub test is top of page 2 in Google now for its targetted keyword. I like this position as I use my 'sling-shot' method to make it jump to page 1. All that basically is, is adding some more content and another boost of links straight after. Then next time google bot comes and finds new content and registers links it will hopefully put me on first page. I'll probably do that this weekend as I am busy with work right now.

I have also had a few ideas for new tests once this one is finished. One will be a 'Big Mike Test'. I will use all of incansofts software to build links (I bought all of it lol) to a site and see how many I can get just by using their programs.

And another test will be an article distribution test. I will write 6 articles for the same keyword and build links to each article using a different distribution service. I will then sit back and see which article ranks quickest and highest.

These tests won't be conclusive, as they would need to be repeated hundreds of times in all categories to be anywhere near scientific, but they should be fun to watch and I will hopefully gather some useful data.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing that! And please share when you find out what works best regarding the articles =)

    Btw, why donæt you purchase a wordpress cloner instead of outsourcing it? Just make one standard blog with all plugins and settings you need for maximum SEO traffic and profits and clone it!

    And if you use namecheap for domains, you can buy them in big batches, and transfer them to your domain in batches too! Then you can do 1 and 2 yourself, and pay a bit less for 3 and 4.

    How does that sound?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Preben,

    Thanks for info. I am already using namecheap for their whois guard, good to know they have a bulk facility.

    I am doing the installations myself. The cost is mainly for content and link building.

    The way I have been doing it is to download the plugin folder once everything has been configured. I then upload this folder to new installations to save a bit of time.

    I have noticed a service called "word press mass installer" which looked interesting, but I like the idea of the cloner. I will have a little google for this now.

    Thanks for the tips :)

    ReplyDelete