Friday 28 August 2009

Last Day

Last official day of work in the office today. Feels very strange, I worked so hard to build this place up and now I'm leaving it behind.

Can't really get my head into work mode right now, need a break from all this.

Complications with working out a solid agreement with my current business partner are also pissing me off. He has gone all wishy washy and my patience is being tested.

I am impatient by nature, I want quick results, all this procrastination is driving me crazy. I just want to define a work agreement and move on.

Been reading the forum today. The amount of misconceptions regarding keyword research and SEO are amazing. In many "Gurus" attempts to dumb down systems to make them sound easy they completely ignore the fundemental concepts involved in keyword competition analysis.

I'll be honest, part of me wants to keep quiet and not mention my techniques. This would certainly keep down the competition, but I remember the people who helped me when I was getting started and to be honest very few people will like my method because it actually involves learning theory. Unless it involves clicking buttons without any thought process then many people lose interest.

I've started creating a keyword research course that I am going to release for free, no opt ins or affiliate products running off the back of it. Just some videos to help people make money.

Too many people who post in the forum have hidden agendas and multiple accounts, it can be tricky to pick out the real information versus the hype. I won't be shouting about the videos, I'll probably just make a single post and put them in there then leave it at that, so they are there if people look hard enough.

This will be secondary to making myself money of course so I cannot guarantee when it will be finsihed.

Found out today I am entitled to a small payout from government, around £1,500. Which isn't too bad. Also I will be paying liquidator out of overdraft, which will then be transferred into long term loan, and once liquidation is complete and assets cover liquidations costs I get that refunded to me. So it's kinda like getting a back door loan. I'll have a bit of fun with that cash on PPC.

5 comments:

  1. understand your point with keyword analysis, would love to know how to do it myself, so will watch out for your

    I am just about to release my first big product (hopefully) and would love to know how to do well with PPC and SEO,

    Hope your post your report on here too, so we can learn

    Thanks and head up

    Darren

    ReplyDelete
  2. idk but ur post touched me. u're right abt forum members and their agenda(s). that's what the forums are all about---"squeeze more optins! make money money!"...same old stuff...good to see there still are a couple of decent marketers. keep it up bud

    ReplyDelete
  3. Giving out tips is very nice of you, and yes there are many people in the forums with wrong advice, but this has always happened; even large companies sometimes have truly wrong notions of how ranking is achieved.

    I would suggest you focus mainly in your business and then write out a tutorial or two, but once you are relaxed and sipping margaritas again ;-)

    ReplyDelete