Thursday 24 September 2009

Sleepless Nights

I have fell back into the groove of making sites and promoting them. I have the IM bug bad and I am burning the midnight oil every night. Think I may turn into a vampire soon if I don't start gettig some sun soon lol.

My rankings are looking very promising now. I am creeping up the list on some highly searched terms. I am noticing that wordpress blogs seem to get a lot of junk traffic, I understand better now the posts from people who think they are getting 100 a day to look at their site but no sales. On one day, one of my niche blogs recorded 700 visits, but i think only about 10 of them were human. This could be due to the amount of directories I have been submitting to. They could be checking the link works or being scraped by spammers.

Now that I am starting to get traffic I need to monetize it which is always the tricky part. I got a load of work ahead of me but it feels good to be doing what I love. I have made a few good contacts recently also and I am discussing various business ideas with them.

Getting the temp ban in such a cocky way from the WF has made me not want to contribute there any more or submit guides. I will go back there eventually I guess but for the time being it is a good thing as I am focusing on getting things done.

2 comments: