Sunday 24 January 2010

New Experiement: Twitter + Autoblogs

I'm sure everyone has seen the autoblog earning claims:

Each blog make $2/day....
Set up 100/day....
By this time next year Rodney we will be millionaires!

Well...... Challenge accepted!

My own findings from autoblogs so far have been less than amazing. I do indeed get longtail traffic to them but it is usually completely off topic phrases for someone looking for something very specific that I don't have. I didn't want to risk my Adsense account so I was using affiliate clickbank links and the clickthrough has been very low.

Not deterred, I am going to have another go. I am going to try and find some extra ways to monetize the blog and get a little creative.

The formula as it is in my head now is:

Expired domain + wordpress + caffeinated content + autotweeter + atuo follow script + handful of links = enough traffic to make a few bucks a month.

It has been quite a while that I have seen people talking about twitter but no one ever seemed to be making any money off it so I stayed away. I have just been scoping out some auto follow twitter software that supports multiple accounts and scheduling. Depending on how well this works it could be all that is needed to kick start the autoblogs and get some income trickling in.

I wonder if 100 blogs being fed by 100 twitter accounts would be easy to manage? If it makes me $200/day I will be happy. I suppose if it does work I could add automated software for facebook, myspace and craigslist also.

Well, I will throw up a few domains and see how I go. This isn't my main focus but if I setup 2-3 a week in the background while I am doing other stuff I should be able to get an idea if it is going to work.

If anyone else wants to join experiment and share their data, feel free to chime in.

2 comments:

  1. hi this seems similar to what I'm trying to do.I have set up autoblog in niche relationships,pulled material via Yahoo pipes into wwp selfhosted blog, then using twitterfeed to feed out to Facebook and Twitter.
    Works fine but there is one major prob.--the material that goes out to FB &Twit has original url so that anyone clicking goes to original post not back to my blog--which means a loss of a lot of traffic.
    I have noticed that twitter is pulling me loads of leads since I started this--and I don't want to waste them

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think if you use twitter tools it will make the tweet when the content is added to your blog and link back to your blog.

    ReplyDelete