Wednesday 21 October 2009

A bit quiet eh?

I have been quiet on my blog as you may/may not have noticed. This is because I am putting together a proper business plan.

I found that by jumping in feet first I ended up doing a juggling act and certain areas got over looked. So I have taken a pause to write everything I am going to do in detail and create step by step instructions for everything before hand.

This will hopefully allow me to address any issues before I run into them and allow me to give step by step hand outs to any outsourcers I use.

I am about 20 pages into it so far and it is really helping me. It is funny how there were things I thought I had worked out 100% but when it comes to writing it down there were still a few things to iron out.

I can't recommend doing this highly enough. Before you understake a project, write down everything you will do in detail. Then from this create a schedule of what you need to be doing each day, and from that work out deadlines and milestones so you can keep on track and get the project finished.

I am also using the free version of http://www.project2manage.com/ aswell as Google docs for collaboration purposes and to track progress.

2 comments:

  1. Good to see you are still on target!

    I've been discussing this same issue with a future business partner.

    There is just no substitution for solid research and writing down a Business plan, he said business plans were just used if you were seeking investors, but I use mine as a guide, once you sit down and analyze each step you discover obstacles that were not seen the first time.

    I know things change and new plans have to be created, but if you don't have a basic guideline you travel blindfolded :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, running a business properly is a very intricate process. you really need to write all your processes down or you will forget things and end up with lots of unfinsihed work.

    ReplyDelete